You {Me}-- A Study: Confidence

I had saved that voice-mail on my phone for quite a while. The one where you were laughing so hard it took you a few tries to say what you were trying to say.

"It's not really a big deal, just call me when you can because I have a really funny story to tell you, and I know YOU'LL appreciate it."

I called you when I got off work and we had a great laugh together. It WAS a funny story, complete with an untimely google search and a certain someone. It was not the kind of story I would have had the guts to relate to anyone, and I was surprised you were willing to tell me. Surprised and grateful. Grateful for your confidence--for your letting me in. I need to be let in. To me it is proof that others have confidence in me. It gives ME confidence in me.

I know this little vignette may be a strange way to point out that you have confidence in yourself and in turn inspire it in others. Yet, that is where the truth lies; that confidence is in your make-up--the very fiber of your being.

Thank you for sharing it with me that day, but all of the others, before and after. I am profoundly grateful.

1 comment :

Julie said...

I love you Scosh. Thanks for sharing this and letting me relive the good times. Haha. You have a wonderful way of connecting with those you love and care about. I'm deeply grateful for our friendship.